Updated Monday 1st March 2021
The school re-opens to all children (except those who are currently self-isolating) on Monday 8th March 2021.
Risk Assessment for the Full Re-opening of School – 8th March
Mrs Thapar has conducted a new risk assessment for the re-opening of school on 8th March, and we hope you will find that our plans protect all children, parents and staff as much as possible. You can view the risk assessment in PDF form below.
Details of the COVID-19 Catch-up Premium funding allocated to Grange Park Infant & Nursery School can be found below:
The Education Endowment Foundation’s ‘Guide to Supporting School Planning’ has been a useful document in planning our school’s recovery in 2021 and beyond. You can view the document below:
More information about the COVID-19 Catch-up Premium can be found at the GOV.UK website below:
GOV.UK – Catch-up premium: coronavirus (COVID-19) (opens in new tab)
Closure Letter (4th January)
Remote Education on Google Classroom
Children of critical workers / vulnerable children
The school will remain open to children who are designated as vulnerable, and to children of critical workers. More information can be found on the GOV.UK website:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about this.
If your child is attending school, and they or anyone in your household experiences:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
or if they or anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know whether the person experiencing the symptoms has had a test, when they were diagnosed and what date their self-isolation ends.
Provision of meal vouchers for eligible families
Parents of children who are eligible for Pupil Premium will be contacted separately and meal vouchers will be arranged.
Families who have travelled abroad
If you have travelled abroad during the Christmas break, you must check the quarantine rules for the country you have visited, and self-isolate for the required amount of time after returning to the UK.
Letter from Mrs Thapar, 31st December 2020
- Infant, Junior and Primary schools to only open for vulnerable and critical workers’ children until 18th January 2021. The Nursery will have the same arrangements as the main school
- Critical worker parents or carers are able to notify schools that their children require full-time on-site provision.
- Vulnerable children are expected to attend full-time on-site provision where it is appropriate for them to do so. This should remain a priority for primary educational providers.
- Remote education should be of high quality and provided for all other pupils, the teachers will have this up and ready for Tuesday.
- Eligible families will be sent School Meal Vouchers.
- We know the families who don’t have remote access and we will contact you separately.
Activities and resources
Visit the Learning at home page (opens in new tab)
Risk Assessment & Remote Learning Evaluation (January)
A review of our risk assessment for COVID-19 was conducted in January and this can be viewed below:
An evaluation of our Remote Learning provision conducted by the Head Teacher can be viewed below:
Remote Learning Evaluation (PDF file)